Pirates' Mitch Keller making MLB debut Monday
Pittsburgh Pirates pitching prospect Mitch Keller will be recalled from Triple-A Indianapolis to make his major league debut Monday versus the Cincinnati Reds.
Keller will start the second half of the Memorial Day doubleheader. The Pirates haven't indicated if it will be a spot start for the 23-year-old right-hander, or if he'll stick around in the rotation.
Keller has posted a 3.45 ERA and 1.43 WHIP with 56 strikeouts and 20 walks over 47 innings at the Triple-A level this season.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Pirates' Gregory Polanco (shoulder) 'healthy' after completing rehab February 16th, 2020
- Schefter: Steelers' James Conner (shoulder) expected to play in Week 15 December 15th, 2019
- Jacob Stallings behind plate Sunday for Pirates September 29th, 2019
- Melky Cabrera starting for Pirates in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Melky Cabrera not in Pittsburgh's Friday lineup September 27th, 2019
- Melky Cabrera is in the Pirates' Thursday lineup September 26th, 2019