Astros' Jose Altuve (hamstring) takes batting practice
Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve (hamstring) took batting practice Monday.
The Astros are hopeful Altuve will be able to start his minor league rehab assignment sometime this week, according to manager A.J. Hinch. He hasn't played since May 10 due to a left hamstring strain.
Altuve owns a .243/.329/.472 slash with 9 homers, 6 doubles, 21 RBI, 21 runs scored, and a steal in 164 plate appearances this season.
- Guillermo Heredia starting in left field for the Rays on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's Austin Meadows receives a breather on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Ji-Man Choi heading to the Rays' bench on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Gregory Polanco out of Pirates' lineup Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Colin Moran sitting for Pittsburgh Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's Travis d'Arnaud leading off on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Astros' Jose Altuve (hamstring, knee) nearing return June 17th, 2019
- Astros' Jack Mayfield on bench Monday June 17th, 2019
- Josh Reddick hitting fifth for Houston Monday June 17th, 2019
- Yuli Gurriel back for Astros in Monday's opener June 17th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos sitting on Sunday for Houston June 16th, 2019
- Tony Kemp in Houston's Sunday lineup June 16th, 2019