Braves' Austin Riley making MLB debut Wednesday
Atlanta Braves third baseman Austin Riley is making his major league debut on Wednesday versus right-hander Michael Wacha and the St. Louis Cardinals.
Riley was just called up from Triple-A Gwinnett to help make up for the absence of Ender Inciarte (back). Despite being a third baseman, Riley is making his debut in left field and hitting sixth. The 22-year-old only made four appearances in left field in the minors, all of which came in the past five games. Ronald Acuna is moving to center field.
Riley slashed .299/.377/.681 with a 1.058 OPS in 162 plate appearances at Triple-A this season. He posted 15 homers, 10 doubles, 39 RBI, and 32 runs scored in 37 games.
- Adeiny Hechavarria sitting Tuesday for Mets July 16th, 2019
- Amed Rosario starting for Mets against Twins July 16th, 2019
- Robinson Cano cleaning up for Mets Tuesday July 16th, 2019
- J.D. Davis at DH as Mets visit Minnesota July 16th, 2019
- Christian Walker out of the Diamondbacks' Tuesday lineup July 16th, 2019
- Kevin Cron batting fifth for the Diamondbacks on Tuesday July 16th, 2019
- Brian McCann behind Braves' bag Sunday July 14th, 2019
- Tyler Flowers on Braves' bench in San Diego July 14th, 2019
- Tyler Flowers starting on Saturday for Atlanta July 13th, 2019
- Brian McCann sitting on Saturday for Atlanta July 13th, 2019
- Sunday's Marlins-Braves matchup will be delayed July 7th, 2019
- Brian McCann starting on Sunday for Atlanta July 7th, 2019