Braves' Austin Riley making MLB debut Wednesday
Atlanta Braves third baseman Austin Riley is making his major league debut on Wednesday versus right-hander Michael Wacha and the St. Louis Cardinals.
Riley was just called up from Triple-A Gwinnett to help make up for the absence of Ender Inciarte (back). Despite being a third baseman, Riley is making his debut in left field and hitting sixth. The 22-year-old only made four appearances in left field in the minors, all of which came in the past five games. Ronald Acuna is moving to center field.
Riley slashed .299/.377/.681 with a 1.058 OPS in 162 plate appearances at Triple-A this season. He posted 15 homers, 10 doubles, 39 RBI, and 32 runs scored in 37 games.
- Welington Castillo on White Sox's bench Wednesday May 22nd, 2019
- James McCann catching for White Sox Wednesday May 22nd, 2019
- Willson Contreras hitting fifth for Cubs Wednesday May 22nd, 2019
- Jason Heyward sitting for Cubs agaisnt Philadelphia May 22nd, 2019
- David Bote manning hot corner Wednesday for Cubs May 22nd, 2019
- Daniel Descalso on Cubs' bench Wednesday May 22nd, 2019
- Dansby Swanson starting for Braves on Tuesday May 21st, 2019
- Brian McCann starting on Tuesday for Atlanta May 21st, 2019
- Tyler Flowers sitting on Tuesday for Atlanta May 21st, 2019
- Ozzie Albies sitting for Atlanta on Tuesday May 21st, 2019
- Ronald Acuna records 2 bombs, Braves beat Giants May 21st, 2019
- Josh Donaldson is batting cleanup for Atlanta Monday night May 20th, 2019