White Sox land Todd Frazier from Reds in three-team trade
The Chicago White Sox acquired third baseman Todd Frazier in a three-team trade with the Cincinnati Reds and Los Angeles Dodgers.
It was unclear which direction Chicago would choose to go after a disappointing 2015 season, but now it's obvious they are not looking to rebuild in 2016. The White Sox gave up right-hander Francelis Montas, outfielder Trayce Thompson and infielder Micah Johnson, who went to the Dodgers in the trade. Frazier is owed a reasonable $7.5 million in 2016 and will be arbitration-eligible in 2017.
Frazier posted a 1.23 nERD this season, which ranked 58th. He had a monster first half, belting 25 home runs, before cooling off during second half. He hit another 10 home runs to finish the season with 35 and posted an Isolated Power of .242, both of which were career highs. Chicago's home stadium was the eighth friendliest for home runs, according to ESPN's Park Factors, which plays into Frazier's strengths.
- Toronto's Teoscar Hernandez placed on COVID-19 list, Josh Palacios to start on Friday April 9th, 2021
- Alejandro Kirk catching for Toronto on Friday April 9th, 2021
- Arizona's Kole Calhoun (knee) hitting second on Friday April 9th, 2021
- Blue Jays' Jonathan Davis batting seventh on Friday April 9th, 2021
- Rajon Rondo (adductor) questionable for Clippers on Friday April 9th, 2021
- Asdrubal Cabrera batting fifth for Arizona on Friday April 9th, 2021
- Bryan Reynolds returning to Pirates' lineup Thursday afternoon April 8th, 2021
- Jacob Stallings catching Thursday for Pirates April 8th, 2021
- Adam Frazier back in Pirates' leadoff spot Thursday April 8th, 2021
- Jacob Stallings sitting for Pirates' finale with Reds April 7th, 2021
- Pirates' Dustin Fowler starting Wednesday afternoon April 7th, 2021
- Adam Frazier absent from Pirates' lineup Wednesday afternoon April 7th, 2021