Brewers' Corey Knebel to make Tommy John decision Friday
Milwaukee Brewers reliever Corey Knebel (elbow) will decide Friday whether to undergo Tommy John surgery or try to rehab his UCL injury.
Knebel has been pitching with a slight tear of the UCL in his right elbow for the last four years and reaggravated the injury this spring. Either way, the 27-year-old right-hander isn't expected back anytime soon. Josh Hader secured a six-out save in the Brewers' 5-4 season-opening win over the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday.
Knebel turned in a 3.58 ERA and 88 strikeouts with 16 saves over 55 1/3 innings last season.
- Josh VanMeter sitting for Arizona Monday September 20th, 2021
- Christian Walker sitting Monday for Diamondbacks September 20th, 2021
- Arizona gives Ildemaro Vargas a start Monday night September 20th, 2021
- Henry Ramos starting for Diamondbacks Monday September 20th, 2021
- Pirates' Anthony Alford sitting Monday versus Reds September 20th, 2021
- Pirates place Jacob Stallings on concussion list September 20th, 2021
- Max Muncy sitting Sunday for Dodgers September 19th, 2021
- Austin Barnes sitting for Dodgers Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Dodgers' Will Smith catching Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Albert Pujols batting cleanup for Dodgers Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Chris Taylor hitting sixth for Dodgers on Saturday September 18th, 2021
- Gavin Lux (forearm) returns to Dodgers' lineup on Saturday September 18th, 2021