Brewers' Corey Knebel to make Tommy John decision Friday
Milwaukee Brewers reliever Corey Knebel (elbow) will decide Friday whether to undergo Tommy John surgery or try to rehab his UCL injury.
Knebel has been pitching with a slight tear of the UCL in his right elbow for the last four years and reaggravated the injury this spring. Either way, the 27-year-old right-hander isn't expected back anytime soon. Josh Hader secured a six-out save in the Brewers' 5-4 season-opening win over the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday.
Knebel turned in a 3.58 ERA and 88 strikeouts with 16 saves over 55 1/3 innings last season.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Josh Hader blows save, Brewers knocked out by Nationals October 2nd, 2019
- Brewers' Ben Gamel sitting on Tuesday October 1st, 2019
- Milwaukee's Lorenzo Cain in center field on Tuesday October 1st, 2019
- Brewers' Cory Spangenberg resting on Tuesday October 1st, 2019
- Milwaukee's Ryan Braun batting fifth on Tuesday October 1st, 2019
- Milwaukee's Lorenzo Cain (ankle) listed on Tuesday's Wild Card roster October 1st, 2019