Nationals place David Carpenter on paternity leave
The Nationals placed right-handed relief pitcher David Carpenter on paternity leave Monday. As a result, they recalled left-handed pitcher Sammy Solis from Double-A Harrisburg.
Carpenter has been decent this season, with a 4.01 ERA and 4.83 xFIP, but below his career totals of 3.66 and 3.69, respectively. The 29-year-old Carpenter will return at the end of his paternity leave. Solis has a 6.75 ERA in 13.1 innings pitched this season for Harrisburg.
- Yandy Diaz sent to Tampa Bay from Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Jake Bauers headed to Cleveland in three-team deal December 13th, 2018
- Mariners ship Carlos Santana to Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Edwin Encarnacion traded to Mariners December 13th, 2018
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Matt Wieters out of the Nationals' lineup against Colorado September 30th, 2018
- Adam Eaton out of the Nationals' lineup September 30th, 2018
- Washington's Wilmer Difo out on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Washington's Spencer Kieboom catching against the Rockies September 30th, 2018
- Nationals' Adrian Sanchez starting in Colorado September 30th, 2018