Boston's Ryan Brasier (toe) to throw Thursday bullpen session
Boston Red Sox reliever Ryan Brasier (toe) is set to throw a bullpen session on Thursday.
Brasier has been bothered by an infection in his right pinkie toe. The next step will be live batting practice, followed by a Grapefruit League debut for the 31-year-old right-hander. He and Matt Barnes are the favorites for ninth-inning duties in Boston.
numberFire's models expect Brasier to convert 18 saves and record a 2.95 ERA with 58 strikeouts over 58 innings in 2019.
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- MLB expected to advise teams to end organized group workouts March 15th, 2020
- MLB Opening Day delayed “at least 2 weeks” March 12th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale has left flexor strain March 5th, 2020
- Red Sox' Xander Bogaerts (ankle) makes spring debut on Wednesday March 4th, 2020
- Boston to get another opinion on Chris Sale (elbow) March 4th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale (sore elbow) undergoing MRI March 3rd, 2020
- Chris Sale (elbow, illness) starting season on Red Sox IL February 27th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale (elbow, illness) throws BP session February 26th, 2020