Boston's Ryan Brasier (toe) to throw Thursday bullpen session
Boston Red Sox reliever Ryan Brasier (toe) is set to throw a bullpen session on Thursday.
Brasier has been bothered by an infection in his right pinkie toe. The next step will be live batting practice, followed by a Grapefruit League debut for the 31-year-old right-hander. He and Matt Barnes are the favorites for ninth-inning duties in Boston.
numberFire's models expect Brasier to convert 18 saves and record a 2.95 ERA with 58 strikeouts over 58 innings in 2019.
- Braves' Mike Soroka (Achilles) tosses two innings on Sunday March 7th, 2021
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas' (elbow) recovery slowed by "creaky shoulder" March 7th, 2021
- Astros' Alex Bregman (hamstring) feeling 90% March 7th, 2021
- Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. "feels like he did in 2018" March 7th, 2021
- Maddon: Angeles' Max Stassi (hip) could make spring debut next week March 6th, 2021
- Phillies' J.T. Realmuto (thumb) expects to be ready by Opening Day March 6th, 2021
- Boston's Xander Bogaerts (shoulder) expected to participate in batting practice Tuesday March 7th, 2021
- Jonathan Arauz starting for Boston Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Tzu-Wei Lin starting for Boston Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Christian Arroyo sitting for Red Sox on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Alex Verdugo not in Red Sox' Sunday lineup September 27th, 2020
- Christian Vazquez sitting for Boston on Sunday September 27th, 2020