Royals' Salvador Perez (elbow) to undergo Tommy John Surgery Wednesday
Kansas City Royals catcher Salvador Perez (elbow) will undergo Tommy John Surgery on Wednesday and miss the entire 2019 season.
The move was expected but is now official. The 28-year-old is expected to be ready to go by Spring training of 2020. Cam Gallagher will start the year as the team's primary catcher but the team could add another backstop before the season starts.
Perez hit 27 homers while posting a .235 batting average in 544 plate appearances in 2018.
- Aaron Hicks not starting Thursday for the Yankees June 20th, 2019
- Phillies' Brad Miller out of Thursday's lineup June 20th, 2019
- Maikel Franco manning hot corner Thursday for Philadelphia June 20th, 2019
- Yankees' Gio Urshela sitting Thursday evening June 20th, 2019
- J.T. Realmuto starting for Phillies Thursday June 20th, 2019
- Andrew Knapp on Phillies' bench in Washington June 20th, 2019
- Jorge Bonifacio on Royals' bench Thursday June 20th, 2019
- Adalberto Mondesi (groin) lands on Royals' injured list June 20th, 2019
- Cam Gallagher out of Royals' Thursday lineup June 20th, 2019
- Humberto Arteaga making MLB debut Thursday for Royals June 20th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Kansas City in Thursday's opener June 20th, 2019
- Nicky Lopez hitting second for Royals Thursday June 20th, 2019