Yankees' CC Sabathia will retire after 2019 season
New York Yankees starting pitcher CC Sabathia will retire after the 2019 season.
Sabathia held a press conference on Saturday to announce the 2019 season will be his last. The veteran will head into his 19th year with a career record of 246-153 and 2986 strikeouts in 538 starts.
In ten seasons with the Yankees, Sabathia has pitched to a 129-80 record with 1593 strikeouts.
- Cleveland's Jose Ramirez diagnosed with left knee contusion March 24th, 2019
- Kyle Freeland will be Rockies' Opening Day starter March 24th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's Yandy Diaz will start at third base on Opening Day March 24th, 2019
- Padres' Eric Lauer will start on Opening Day March 24th, 2019
- Ronald Acuna to clean up for Braves in 2019 March 24th, 2019
- Baltimore's Alex Cobb (groin) leaves Saturday's start after one inning March 23rd, 2019
- Yankees' Greg Bird seeking X-rays for right elbow March 21st, 2019
- Yankees' Luis Severino (shoulder) played catch on Wednesday March 20th, 2019
- Yankees' Dellin Betances (shoulder) to start year on injured list March 19th, 2019
- Yankees reportedly sign Gio Gonzalez to a minor league contract March 18th, 2019
- Aaron Hicks (back) ruled out for Yankees on Opening Day March 17th, 2019
- Luis Severino (elbow) out until at least May for Yankees March 15th, 2019