Yankees' CC Sabathia will retire after 2019 season
New York Yankees starting pitcher CC Sabathia will retire after the 2019 season.
Sabathia held a press conference on Saturday to announce the 2019 season will be his last. The veteran will head into his 19th year with a career record of 246-153 and 2986 strikeouts in 538 starts.
In ten seasons with the Yankees, Sabathia has pitched to a 129-80 record with 1593 strikeouts.
- Carlos Martinez expected to take over as Cardinals' closer June 25th, 2019
- Cubs' Kyle Hendricks (shoulder) tosses light pen session June 25th, 2019
- Jimmy Yacabonis will serve as the opener for the Orioles Tuesday June 24th, 2019
- Chi Chi Gonzalez expected to start Tuesday for Colorado June 24th, 2019
- Raimel Tapia drops to sixth in Rockies' Monday lineup June 24th, 2019
- Charlie Blackmon back in the Rockies' lineup Monday June 24th, 2019
- Aaron Hicks hitting third Monday for Yankees June 24th, 2019
- Aaron Judge sitting for Yankees Monday June 24th, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion on Yankees' bench Monday June 24th, 2019
- Gio Urshela starting for Yankees versus Blue Jays June 24th, 2019
- Giancarlo Stanton back for Yankees in Monday's opener June 24th, 2019
- Brett Gardner starting for Yankees in Sunday's finale June 23rd, 2019