Francisco Lindor (calf) expected to be out nearly two months
Cleveland Indians shortstop Francisco Lindor will reportedly miss about the next two months after suffering a calf strain.
The Indians said Lindor "is expected to return to Major League game activity in 7-to-9 weeks," and opening Day is in exactly seven weeks from now. He'll be cutting it close based on this timeline, but there's enough time for him to recover in time to start the season healthy.
In 158 games last season, Lindor hit for a .277 batting average with 38 home runs, 129 runs, 92 RBI, 25 stolen bases and an OPS of .871.
- J.D. Martinez out Tuesday for Red Sox due to illness May 21st, 2019
- Aledmys Diaz in Houston's Tuesday lineup May 21st, 2019
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka (shin) will start in Thursday's matchup against Baltimore May 21st, 2019
- Update: Ryon Healy (back) on Seattle's injured list May 21st, 2019
- Tyler White not in Astros' Tuesday lineup May 21st, 2019
- Brett Gardner on Yankees' bench against Baltimore May 21st, 2019
- Jordan Luplow sitting Tuesday for Indians May 21st, 2019
- Jake Bauers back in Indians' lineup against Athletics May 21st, 2019
- Carlos Gonzalez cleaning up for Cleveland Tuesday May 21st, 2019
- Carlos Gonzalez hitting seventh Monday for Cleveland May 20th, 2019
- Jake Bauers on Indians' bench versus Oakland May 20th, 2019
- Jordan Luplow back for Indians Monday May 20th, 2019