Gulfstream Park Horse Racing Picks for Thursday 5/28/20

With most of the sports world on pause, it's a great time to dive into horse racing, and FanDuel Racing gives you the chance to do just that.

Starting at 1:00 p.m. EST, we have nine races at Gulfstream Park. Using our projections as a guide, here are some of the best bets.

As always, keep an eye out for scratches and changes.

Field Bet, Race 1

FD Racing Odds: 5/2

Field Bet (5/2) stands out in the day's opening race. This will be the filly's first run at Gulfstream after facing stout competition in five previous career races at Santa Anita, and it's her first outing since switching barns. She's the favorite in this mile-long race.

Field Bet has two thirds to her name across her five-race career, per Equibase, and the pace rating at puts her atop this field.

Both DHP and our models see Field Bet winning, with DHP giving her a 28% chance to win as well as a 72% chance to get in the top three.

Aerodynamic, Race 3

FD Racing Odds: 12/1

For a horse with 12/1 odds, Aerodynamic looks like a solid option coming off from the rail in Race 3.

Aerodynamic has a first, a third and a fifth over her last three races, all of which have come at Gulfstream Park's main track. Overall, she's run four times in her career, finishing at least third in three of the events.

DHP gives Aerodynamic the top speed rating and the top pace rating in Race 3. And while our projections aren't into Aerodynamic, we have this race's two favorites -- Etana (3/1) and Generic Mark (7/2) -- both finishing outside the top three, so this looks like a good race to bet on an underdog.

Midtown Rose, Race 8

FD Racing Odds: 2/1

Our models like another favorite in Race 8, forecasting Midtown Rose (2/1) to win in what is scheduled to be a seven-horse field.

Midtown Rose has sparkling recent form, especially at Gulfstream Park. Over her last four races here, she's gone 2-3-2-1, with a ninth-place outing at Tampa Bay Downs sandwiched in there. Maybe the lone blemish with Midtown Rose today is that this race is going 6.5 furlongs, a distance she's run just once in her last five. But in that one 6.5-furlong race, she got second.

She'll be ridden by Irad Ortiz, Jr., who was at the controls the last time she won, and she's come in the top three in a whopping 13 of 17 career races, including five wins and six seconds.

DHP gives Midtown Rose the best pace rating in the field as well as the third-best speed rating, though her speed rating isn't far from the race's top mark.