Darrelle Revis' poor play due to weight gain
Free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis remains unsigned because he "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on game tape last season, according to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi.
"I think Revis is begging for a job," Lombardi stated, "He played slow. He looked slow ... Players that gain weight during their career fall off the Earth." Lombardi added that "no one is going to take the $6 million burden off the Jets," referring to Revis' $6 million in offset guarantees. There had been murmurs about a return to the New England Patriots for what will be Revis' age-32 campaign, but Lombardi considers the chances of that happening "slim and slimmer." Retirement continues to sound like the most likely outcome.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Zach Zenner has made progress in Lions' OTAs June 26th, 2017
- Dolphins' Jay Ajayi could near 2,000 all-purpose yards June 26th, 2017
- Panthers' Cam Newton throws for first time since March June 26th, 2017
- Zach Miller's roster spot with Bears in jeopardy June 26th, 2017
- Brian Quick on Washington's roster bubble June 25th, 2017
- Marvin Jones making big strides at Lions' OTAs June 25th, 2017
- Jets' Matt Forte expected to be workhorse in 2017-18 June 23rd, 2017
- Eric Decker's deal with Titans worth up to $5.35 million June 21st, 2017
- Patriots sign David Harris to two-year deal June 21st, 2017
- Eric Decker signs with Titans June 18th, 2017
- Jets' Eric Decker has been cleared from hip and shoulder surgeries June 7th, 2017
- Quincy Enunwa expected to be the Jets' top wideout in 2017 June 7th, 2017