Darrelle Revis' poor play due to weight gain
Free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis remains unsigned because he "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on game tape last season, according to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi.
"I think Revis is begging for a job," Lombardi stated, "He played slow. He looked slow ... Players that gain weight during their career fall off the Earth." Lombardi added that "no one is going to take the $6 million burden off the Jets," referring to Revis' $6 million in offset guarantees. There had been murmurs about a return to the New England Patriots for what will be Revis' age-32 campaign, but Lombardi considers the chances of that happening "slim and slimmer." Retirement continues to sound like the most likely outcome.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Luke Kuechly (concussion) not practicing Tuesday for Panthers October 17th, 2017
- Buccaneers say Jameis Winston won't throw until later in the week October 17th, 2017
- Delanie Walker unable to find end zone again for Titans in Week 6 October 17th, 2017
- Rishard Matthews goes for 69 receiving yards in Titans' win October 17th, 2017
- Donte Moncrief turns in season-highs for Colts in Week 6 October 17th, 2017
- Redskins want to expand Josh Doctson's role October 17th, 2017
- Robby Anderson sees 12 targets in Jets' Week 6 loss October 16th, 2017
- Jermaine Kearse goes for 79 yards as Jets fall in Week 6 October 16th, 2017
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins finds the end zone in Jets' loss October 15th, 2017
- Josh McCown throws for 354 yards in Jets' loss to the Patriots October 15th, 2017
- Bilal Powell (calf) officially out for Jets on Sunday October 15th, 2017
- Bilal Powell (calf) will miss Week 6 for Jets October 15th, 2017