Darrelle Revis' poor play due to weight gain
Free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis remains unsigned because he "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on game tape last season, according to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi.
"I think Revis is begging for a job," Lombardi stated, "He played slow. He looked slow ... Players that gain weight during their career fall off the Earth." Lombardi added that "no one is going to take the $6 million burden off the Jets," referring to Revis' $6 million in offset guarantees. There had been murmurs about a return to the New England Patriots for what will be Revis' age-32 campaign, but Lombardi considers the chances of that happening "slim and slimmer." Retirement continues to sound like the most likely outcome.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Broncos nab speedster Carlos Henderson at 82nd pick April 28th, 2017
- Titans trade up to take Taywan Taylor at 72nd slot April 28th, 2017
- Rams get receiving help with Cooper Kupp at 69th pick April 28th, 2017
- Saints swing deal to acquire 67th pick, select Alvin Kamara April 28th, 2017
- Steelers get help at wideout, select JuJu Smith-Schuster with 62nd pick April 28th, 2017
- Zach Cunningham joins Texans' linebacker corps at 57th overall April 28th, 2017
- ArDarius Stewart replenishes Jets receiving corps at 79th overall April 28th, 2017
- Marcus Maye joins Jets' stacked secondary at 39th pick April 28th, 2017
- Jets still working phones to trade Sheldon Richardson April 28th, 2017
- Sheldon Richardson attended Jets' voluntary workouts April 23rd, 2017
- Sheldon Richardson could be dealt as Jets blow things up April 7th, 2017
- Jets may part ways with Eric Decker before season April 7th, 2017