Darrelle Revis' poor play due to weight gain
Free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis remains unsigned because he "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on game tape last season, according to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi.
"I think Revis is begging for a job," Lombardi stated, "He played slow. He looked slow ... Players that gain weight during their career fall off the Earth." Lombardi added that "no one is going to take the $6 million burden off the Jets," referring to Revis' $6 million in offset guarantees. There had been murmurs about a return to the New England Patriots for what will be Revis' age-32 campaign, but Lombardi considers the chances of that happening "slim and slimmer." Retirement continues to sound like the most likely outcome.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Samaje Perine back on Washington coaches' good side August 19th, 2017
- Lions' Ameer Abdullah a candidate for 1,000 yards in 2017 August 19th, 2017
- T.J. Yeldon suffers hamstring injury in Jaguars' second preseason game August 19th, 2017
- Dalvin Cook hoards first-team touches for Vikings August 19th, 2017
- Blake Bortles not out as Jaguars' starter, but competition is wide open August 19th, 2017
- Chris Carson outshines Eddie Lacy in Seahawks' second preseason game August 19th, 2017
- Bilal Powell (neck) will play in Jets' preseason game on Saturday August 18th, 2017
- Jets' Quincy Enunwa (neck) to undergo surgery next week August 17th, 2017
- Matt Forte (hamstring) will sit out the Jets' preseason game on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Bilal Powell (neck) will not play in Jets' preseason opener August 10th, 2017
- Jets trying to build Christian Hackenberg's confidence August 10th, 2017
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins looks like Jets' best offensive weapon August 9th, 2017