Darrelle Revis' poor play due to weight gain
Free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis remains unsigned because he "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on game tape last season, according to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi.
"I think Revis is begging for a job," Lombardi stated, "He played slow. He looked slow ... Players that gain weight during their career fall off the Earth." Lombardi added that "no one is going to take the $6 million burden off the Jets," referring to Revis' $6 million in offset guarantees. There had been murmurs about a return to the New England Patriots for what will be Revis' age-32 campaign, but Lombardi considers the chances of that happening "slim and slimmer." Retirement continues to sound like the most likely outcome.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Patriots would prefer to keep Malcolm Butler March 27th, 2017
- Browns haven't given up on Patriots' Jimmy Garoppolo March 27th, 2017
- Tony Romo's options are either Texans or retirement March 27th, 2017
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Quinton Patton joins Jets March 23rd, 2017
- Jets may give Christian Hackenberg some starts next season March 22nd, 2017
- Jets eyeing a quarterback in the first round March 21st, 2017
- Jets sign quarterback Josh McCown to a one-year deal March 20th, 2017
- Jets bringing in Chase Daniel for visit March 20th, 2017
- Josh McCown's visit with Jets went well March 19th, 2017