Darrelle Revis' poor play due to weight gain
Free agent defensive back Darrelle Revis remains unsigned because he "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on game tape last season, according to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi.
"I think Revis is begging for a job," Lombardi stated, "He played slow. He looked slow ... Players that gain weight during their career fall off the Earth." Lombardi added that "no one is going to take the $6 million burden off the Jets," referring to Revis' $6 million in offset guarantees. There had been murmurs about a return to the New England Patriots for what will be Revis' age-32 campaign, but Lombardi considers the chances of that happening "slim and slimmer." Retirement continues to sound like the most likely outcome.
In no small part to Revis, the Jets' secondary ranked third-worst last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Raiders' Amari Cooper (ankle) ruled out for Week 15 December 15th, 2017
- Steelers' Smith-Schuster (hamstring) questionable to face Patriots December 15th, 2017
- Seattle's Mike Davis (ribs) not listed on final injury report for Week 15 December 15th, 2017
- Rams' Robert Woods (shoulder) to return Sunday against Seahawks December 15th, 2017
- Dolphins' Damien Williams (shoulder) doubtful to play against Buffalo December 15th, 2017
- Saints' Alvin Kamara clears concussion protocol ahead of Week 15 December 15th, 2017
- Andy Reid: Marcus Peters 'ready to roll' for Chiefs after suspension December 12th, 2017
- Chiefs' Kareem Hunt comes alive, scores first touchdown since Week 3 December 10th, 2017
- Travis Kelce hauls in 7 catches for 74 yards in Chiefs' win December 10th, 2017
- Tyreek Hill has a quiet day Sunday as Chiefs beat Raiders December 10th, 2017
- Alex Smith held to 0 touchdowns in Chiefs' dominant win December 10th, 2017
- Chiefs suspend Marcus Peters for Week 14 December 6th, 2017