Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers released defensive tackle Gerald McCoy.
The move clears $13 million in cap space. McCoy had been with the Buccaneers for his entire career after being selected with the 3rd overall pick in the 2010 draft out of Oklahoma. He turned 31 in February and has experienced some regression in recent years.
McCoy's 54.5 career sacks are 4th-most in Buccaneer history. He had a personal-best 9.5 sacks in 2013 and recorded at least 6 in each of the last six years.
- Raiders' Antonio Brown participates in Saturday's walkthrough August 17th, 2019
- Chargers' Derwin James suffers a right foot fracture August 16th, 2019
- Patriots' Josh Gordon reinstated by the NFL, eligble to play Week 1 August 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (ankle) reportedly expected to play in Week 1 of the regular season August 15th, 2019
- Chiefs beat: Carlos Hyde not making final roster August 15th, 2019
- Mike Gesicki still struggling in Dolphins camp August 15th, 2019
- Cam Newton's deep ball 'biggest surprise' for Carolina August 15th, 2019
- Curtis Samuel 'practically impossible to cover' at Panthers' camp August 15th, 2019
- Christian McCaffrey to yield Panthers' goal-line work to backup August 12th, 2019
- Panthers continue to rave about wide receiver Curtis Samuel August 7th, 2019
- Cam Newton will not play in Panthers' preseason opener August 6th, 2019
- Panthers plan to limit Christian McCaffrey's plays, not touches August 1st, 2019