DeMarcus Lawrence refusing to sign franchise tender with Cowboys again
Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman DeMarcus Lawrence will not sign the franchise tag if tendered again, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.
Lawrence will likely be tagged again if the two sides don't reach a long-term agreement by March 5, which would make mid-July as the real deadline. He turns 27 in April and would be due $20.5 million in 2019.
Lawrence recorded 61 tackles (40 solo) with 11 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 interception, and 1 pass deflection last season.
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski announces retirement March 24th, 2019
- Texans sign left tackle Matt Kalil March 23rd, 2019
- Rashaan Melvin signs one-year deal with Lions March 23rd, 2019
- Rams match Lions, re-sign Malcolm Brown March 22nd, 2019
- Justin Houston signs with Colts for 2 years, $24 million March 21st, 2019
- Texans to sign quarterback A.J. McCarron March 20th, 2019
- Randall Cobb signs with Cowboys for 1-year, $5 million March 19th, 2019
- Duke Johnson reportedly being shopped around by Browns March 14th, 2019
- Cowboys re-sign Tavon Austin for a year March 14th, 2019
- Cowboys reportedly bringing back Allen Hurns for 2019 March 8th, 2019
- Cowboys' Jason Witten will end retirement and return for 16th season February 28th, 2019
- DeMarcus Lawrence refusing to sign franchise tender with Cowboys again February 19th, 2019