Anas Mahmoud intends to return to Louisville next season
Louisville Cardinals junior forward Anas Mahmoud intends to return to school for the 2017-18 season, according to Jeff Greer of The Courier-Journal.
Mahmoud was expected to explore his options regarding the draft at least, but after playing under 20 minutes per game, the seven-footer will return for another year of seasoning. He excels at protecting the rim, but will need to improve on the offensive end before becoming a serious prospect for the NBA.
Mahmoud averaged 5.7 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.1 blocks in 18.7 minutes per game this season.
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Michigan edges Florida State to earn a trip to the Final Four March 25th, 2018
- Loyola-Chicago continues magical NCAA Tournament run with win over Kansas State to advance to Final Four March 25th, 2018
- 11-seed Syracuse knocks off 3-seed Michigan State to advance to Sweet 16 March 18th, 2018
- 16-seed UMBC makes history in defeat of 1-seed Virginia March 17th, 2018
- Deng Adel spurning the NBA for one more season at Louisville May 23rd, 2017
- Donovan Mitchell leaving Louisville for the NBA May 5th, 2017
- Jaylen Johnson leaving Louisville for the professional ranks April 24th, 2017
- Louisville's Deng Adel and Donovan Mitchell exploring their draft standing March 23rd, 2017
- Anas Mahmoud intends to return to Louisville next season March 20th, 2017
- Deng Adel scores 21 points in Louisville's loss March 9th, 2017