Anas Mahmoud intends to return to Louisville next season
Louisville Cardinals junior forward Anas Mahmoud intends to return to school for the 2017-18 season, according to Jeff Greer of The Courier-Journal.
Mahmoud was expected to explore his options regarding the draft at least, but after playing under 20 minutes per game, the seven-footer will return for another year of seasoning. He excels at protecting the rim, but will need to improve on the offensive end before becoming a serious prospect for the NBA.
Mahmoud averaged 5.7 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.1 blocks in 18.7 minutes per game this season.
- 16-seed UMBC makes history in defeat of 1-seed Virginia March 17th, 2018
- 13-seed Marshall takes out Wichita State in surprise upset March 16th, 2018
- Arizona falls to 13-seed Buffalo in stunning upset on Thursday March 16th, 2018
- 11-seed Loyola Chicago upsets Miami with 28-foot shot at buzzer March 15th, 2018
- Kansas takes top seed in Midwest Region March 11th, 2018
- Xavier earns one-seed in NCAA Tournament for first time in program history March 11th, 2018
- Deng Adel spurning the NBA for one more season at Louisville May 23rd, 2017
- Donovan Mitchell leaving Louisville for the NBA May 5th, 2017
- Jaylen Johnson leaving Louisville for the professional ranks April 24th, 2017
- Louisville's Deng Adel and Donovan Mitchell exploring their draft standing March 23rd, 2017
- Anas Mahmoud intends to return to Louisville next season March 20th, 2017
- Deng Adel scores 21 points in Louisville's loss March 9th, 2017