Hawks could be without Paul Millsap (knee) for more than two games
Atlanta Hawks forward/center Paul Millsap may need more than two games off to rest up his left knee, based on head coach Mike Budenholzer's unwillingness to commit to the timeline.
Budenholzer described the injury as a "short term" issue. Millsap has already been ruled out for Monday and Wednesday's contests, but it sounds like that could be extended further. Look for Ersan Ilyasova to benefit the most while Tim Hardaway Jr. and Taurean Prince also gain some opportunity.
Millsap is averaging 18.1 points, 7.7 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.3 steals, 1.0 blocks and 1.1 3-pointers per game this season. His 3.0 nERD ranks second on the Hawks and 61st in the NBA.
- Warriors rule out Zaza Pachulia (heel) for Game 4 May 22nd, 2017
- Spurs officially rule out Kawhi Leonard (ankle) for Game 4 May 22nd, 2017
- Warriors' Andre Iguodala (knee) will suit up for Game 4 May 22nd, 2017
- Marcus Smart thrives as a starter, Boston takes Game 3 May 22nd, 2017
- LeBron James posts a dud as Cleveland suffers their first loss of the postseason May 22nd, 2017
- Avery Bradley hits a buzzer-beater to give Boston a Game 3 victory May 22nd, 2017
- Paul Millsap opts out of contract with Atlanta, will become a free agent May 22nd, 2017
- Hawks lose Game 6 despite 31 points from Paul Millsap April 29th, 2017
- Dennis Schroder double-doubles in Hawks' Game 5 loss April 26th, 2017
- Paul Millsap's strong performance carries Atlanta to a Game 4 victory April 25th, 2017
- Dennis Schroder plays well as Hawks even Round 1 series at 2-2 April 25th, 2017
- Hawks' Paul Millsap scores 29 points in win against Wizards April 23rd, 2017