Russell Westbrook traded to Houston for Chris Paul, picks
Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook has been shipped to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Chris Paul and a number of picks.
The blockbuster was reported Thursday night, and the superstar point guards will be exchanged. After Paul George was traded to the Los Angeles Clippers last week, there were reports of Westbrook being moved as well. The Rockets are giving up their first round picks in 2024 and 2026, and the Thunder will have the option of swapping selections in 2021 and 2025.
In 73 regular season games last season, Westbrook averaged 22.9 points, 11.1 rebounds, 10.7 assists and 54.7 FanDuel points per game.
- Philadelphia's Ben Simmons signs a five-year extension on Monday July 15th, 2019
- Tyson Chandler signs a one-year contract with the Rockets July 12th, 2019
- Mark Cuban says Dallas will 'load manage' Kristaps Porzingis July 11th, 2019
- Coby White will be brought along slowly, Bulls say July 11th, 2019
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins says quad is 100% healthy July 11th, 2019
- Hawks expect Trae Young to play more minutes next season July 10th, 2019
- Chris Paul headed to Oklahoma City in blockbuster deal July 11th, 2019
- Russell Westbrook traded to Houston for Chris Paul, picks July 11th, 2019
- Alec Burks reportedly agrees to terms with Oklahoma City July 1st, 2019
- Nerlens Noel won't pick up player option with Oklahoma City June 27th, 2019
- Oklahoma City's Hamidou Diallo undergoes elbow surgery April 17th, 2019
- Paul George (shoulder) 'good to go' on Tuesday for the Thunder April 16th, 2019