Pelicans aquire Derrick Favors from the Jazz for draft picks
The Utah Jazz have traded forward Derrick Favors to the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for two second-round picks.
Utah needed to clear cap space to complete their signing of Bojan Bogdanovic, leaving Favors and his $16M salary expendable. He chose to play for the Pelicans, and the Jazz obliged, sending him to the Big Easy for a couple of future second-round picks. Favors will possibly start for the Pels, likely at center alongside Zion Williamson.
Favors averaged 11.8 points, 7.4 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks per game last season.
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins believed to be dealing with torn ACL August 15th, 2019
- Mike Yastrzemski sitting on Friday for Giants August 9th, 2019
- Golden State's Draymond Green reportedly signs a four-year extension on Saturday August 3rd, 2019
- Wizards' John Wall (Achilles) expected to miss the entire 2019-20 season July 22nd, 2019
- Bucks sign Kyle Korver to a one-year contract on Saturday July 20th, 2019
- Justin Holiday reportedly signs a one-year deal with the Pacers July 19th, 2019
- Jazz reportedly sign Jeff Green to a one-year contract July 2nd, 2019
- Pelicans aquire Derrick Favors from the Jazz for draft picks July 1st, 2019
- Bojan Bogdanovic reportedly joins the Jazz on Sunday June 30th, 2019
- Report: Mike Conley traded to Utah from Memphis in exchange for Kyle Korver, Grayson Allen, Jae Crowder, picks June 19th, 2019
- Donovan Mitchell scores 31 as Jazz avoid sweep April 23rd, 2019
- Derrick Favors coming off the Jazz's bench on Saturday April 20th, 2019