Chris Paul (rest) crossed out Friday for Rockets against Suns
Houston Rockets point guard Chris Paul (rest) will not play on Friday versus the Phoenix Suns.
The Rockets aren't on a back-to-back set, but they want to keep Paul fresh for the playoffs, so it makes sense to give the 33-year-old a breather as 13.0-point home favorites versus the team sitting at the bottom of the Western Conference standings. Austin Rivers, Gerald Green, and Eric Gordon all stand to see more minutes with Paul sidelined, but James Harden figures to be the primary beneficiary.
CP3 is averaging 37.1 FanDuel points in 45 games this season, with 15.4 points, 4.6 rebounds, 8.1 assists, 1.9 steals, and 2.1 triples per contest.
- Philadelphia's Ben Simmons signs a five-year extension on Monday July 15th, 2019
- Mark Cuban says Dallas will 'load manage' Kristaps Porzingis July 11th, 2019
- Coby White will be brought along slowly, Bulls say July 11th, 2019
- Lakers' DeMarcus Cousins says quad is 100% healthy July 11th, 2019
- Hawks expect Trae Young to play more minutes next season July 10th, 2019
- Grizzlies reportedly acquire Tyus Jones after Minnesota declines three-year offer July 10th, 2019
- Tyson Chandler signs a one-year contract with the Rockets July 12th, 2019
- Chris Paul headed to Oklahoma City in blockbuster deal July 11th, 2019
- Russell Westbrook traded to Houston for Chris Paul, picks July 11th, 2019
- Austin Rivers reportedly returning to Houston on a two-year deal July 1st, 2019
- Houston's Kenneth Faried (personal) active on Friday May 10th, 2019
- Houston's Kenneth Faried (personal) will not play on Wednesday May 8th, 2019