Klay Thompson takes off for 44 points, 10 triples in Warriors' win
Golden State Warriors guard/forward Klay Thompson scored 44 points (17-of-20 field goals) with 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, 10 3-pointers, and 2 turnovers in 26.9 minutes of a 130-111 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday.
Thompson scored 23 points in the third quarter alone and tied an NBA record by making his first 10 attempts from beyond the arc. It was also his third career game with 40-plus points in less than 30 minutes. No other player has done that more than once since the shot clock was introduced in 1954. Over the last five, Klay is averaging 24.4 points and 4.2 triples on 55.7 percent from the field and 50.0 percent from distance, compared to 22.1 points (46.4%) and 2.9 threes (38.2%) for the season. The Warriors visit the Washington Wizards on Thursday.
Klay finished with 51.6 FanDuel points in the win. He's averaging 34.2 FanDuel points through 47 games this season.
- Nikola Mirotic coming off Bucks' bench in Game 5 Thursday May 23rd, 2019
- Malcolm Brogdon starting for Milwaukee in Game 5 Thursday May 23rd, 2019
- Toronto's OG Anunoby (appendectomy) not cleared for contact May 22nd, 2019
- Kawhi Leonard, Raptors even series with Bucks May 22nd, 2019
- Damian Lillard scores 28 with 12 dimes, Trail Blazers swept May 21st, 2019
- James Ennis declines 2019-2020 player option on Monday May 20th, 2019
- Golden State's Kevin Durant (calf) not cleared for on-court work May 24th, 2019
- Warriors' Andre Iguodala (calf) not practicing on Friday May 24th, 2019
- DeMarcus Cousins expected to play for Warriors in Finals May 23rd, 2019
- Warriors' Kevin Durant (calf) unlikely to be ready for start of Finals May 23rd, 2019
- Steph Curry's 37-point triple-double leads Warriors to 5th straight Finals May 21st, 2019
- Golden State's Andre Iguodala (calf) questionable for Monday's Game 4 against Portland May 19th, 2019