Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility'
Texas Rangers manager Jeff Bannister said batting first/third baseman Joey Gallo second is "a real possibility" for this upcoming season.
In the first game of Saturday's doubleheader, the Rangers will give the new lineup a shot. The idea is to bat Delino DeShields leadoff, and if he's able to steal second creating an advantage for Gallo to hit without the shift. He would be followed by Elvis Andrus hitting third and Adrian Beltre in the four-spot.
Gallo didn't hit second a single time in his 532 plate appearances a year ago. We project him for 31 home runs, 77 RBI and a .222 average for the 2018 campaign.
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas placed on paternity leave list July 18th, 2018
- Scott Schebler (shoulder) lands on Reds' disabled list July 18th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (hip) starting at first base in rehab game Wednesday July 18th, 2018
- Rays' Wilson Ramos (hamstring) will start the second half of the season on the DL July 17th, 2018
- Nationals' Stephen Strasburg (shoulder) returning on Friday July 17th, 2018
- Phillies interested in Toronto's J.A. Happ July 17th, 2018
- Rougned Odor returns to Rangers' lineup versus Baltimore July 15th, 2018
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa behind the plate for Rangers on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Rangers' Ryan Rua starting on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Robinson Chirinos out of Rangers' lineup versus Orioles July 15th, 2018
- Adrian Beltre out of Rangers' lineup on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Nomar Mazara sitting for Rangers on Sunday July 15th, 2018