Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility'
Texas Rangers manager Jeff Bannister said batting first/third baseman Joey Gallo second is "a real possibility" for this upcoming season.
In the first game of Saturday's doubleheader, the Rangers will give the new lineup a shot. The idea is to bat Delino DeShields leadoff, and if he's able to steal second creating an advantage for Gallo to hit without the shift. He would be followed by Elvis Andrus hitting third and Adrian Beltre in the four-spot.
Gallo didn't hit second a single time in his 532 plate appearances a year ago. We project him for 31 home runs, 77 RBI and a .222 average for the 2018 campaign.
- Seattle's Justus Sheffield to pitch on Friday out of the bullpen April 23rd, 2019
- Mariners' Yusei Kikuchi to make a shortened start on Friday April 23rd, 2019
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco being sent for an MRI on his left knee April 23rd, 2019
- Cubs' Addison Russell (suspension) to begin playing games in Triple-A on Wednesday April 23rd, 2019
- Thairo Estrada starting for Yankees on Tuesday April 23rd, 2019
- Austin Romine starting on Tuesday for New York April 23rd, 2019
- Rangers' Hunter Pence starting at DH Tuesday night April 23rd, 2019
- Delino DeShields is not starting Tuesday for Texas April 23rd, 2019
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa starting for Texas on Tuesday April 23rd, 2019
- Jeff Mathis not in the Rangers' lineup on Tuesday April 23rd, 2019
- Nomar Mazara back in the Texas lineup on Monday night April 22nd, 2019
- Texas' Asdrubal Cabrera will start at third base on Monday April 22nd, 2019