Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility'
Texas Rangers manager Jeff Bannister said batting first/third baseman Joey Gallo second is "a real possibility" for this upcoming season.
In the first game of Saturday's doubleheader, the Rangers will give the new lineup a shot. The idea is to bat Delino DeShields leadoff, and if he's able to steal second creating an advantage for Gallo to hit without the shift. He would be followed by Elvis Andrus hitting third and Adrian Beltre in the four-spot.
Gallo didn't hit second a single time in his 532 plate appearances a year ago. We project him for 31 home runs, 77 RBI and a .222 average for the 2018 campaign.
- Kelby Tomlinson heading back to Giants' bench on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- Giants' Joe Panik back in starting lineup on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Gorkys Hernandez will start, hit eighth for the Giants on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- Austin Jackson is not in the Giants' lineup on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence out of lineup on Thursday night April 19th, 2018
- Gregor Blanco will lead off for the Giants on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- Rangers' Delino DeShields (hand) ready for rehab games April 18th, 2018
- Renato Nunez starting at third base Wednesday for Rangers April 18th, 2018
- Juan Centeno heads to Rangers' bench on Wednesday April 18th, 2018
- Ronald Guzman absent from Rangers' Wednesday afternoon lineup April 18th, 2018
- Robinson Chirinos back in Rangers' Wednesday lineup April 18th, 2018
- Drew Robinson starting for Rangers versus Rays April 17th, 2018