White Sox's Geovany Soto (elbow) may need surgery
Chicago White Sox catcher Geovany Soto (elbow) did not rule out the possibility of surgery.
Soto landed on the 10-day disabled list on Wednesday due to inflammation in his right elbow. This is the second time elbow problems have sent him to the DL this season. Additional evaluation will likely be needed before a decision on surgery is made.
Soto is hitting just .190 (8-of-42) in 48 plate appearances this season.
- Arizona's David Peralta (shoulder) placed on the 10-Day Injured List May 24th, 2019
- Orioles' Dan Straily removed from the rotation May 24th, 2019
- Oakland Athletics place Khris Davis (hip) on the 10-Day Injured List May 24th, 2019
- Angels' Andrew Heaney (elbow) will start in Sunday's matchup against the Rangers May 24th, 2019
- Angels' Kole Calhoun sitting on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Shohei Ohtani returns to the Angels' lineup on Friday May 24th, 2019
- White Sox's Ryan Cordell starting in right field on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Leury Garcia out of the White Sox's Friday lineup May 24th, 2019
- White Sox's Welington Castillo batting cleanup on Friday May 24th, 2019
- White Sox's James McCann resting on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Tim Anderson batting second Thursday for White Sox May 23rd, 2019
- Yoan Moncada leading off for White Sox Thursday night May 23rd, 2019