White Sox's Geovany Soto (elbow) may need surgery
Chicago White Sox catcher Geovany Soto (elbow) did not rule out the possibility of surgery.
Soto landed on the 10-day disabled list on Wednesday due to inflammation in his right elbow. This is the second time elbow problems have sent him to the DL this season. Additional evaluation will likely be needed before a decision on surgery is made.
Soto is hitting just .190 (8-of-42) in 48 plate appearances this season.
- Giants' Bruce Bochy to retire after this season February 18th, 2019
- Angels' Justin Upton dealing with patellar tendinitis February 18th, 2019
- Craig Kimbrel 'extremely unlikely' to return to Red Sox February 18th, 2019
- Mike Moustakas reportedly re-signs with Brewers, will try second base February 18th, 2019
- Brewers' Mike Moustakas reportedly agrees to one-year deal on Sunday February 17th, 2019
- Mallex Smith's (elbow) Opening Day status for Mariners in air February 17th, 2019
- Welington Castillo catching for White Sox in season finale September 30th, 2018
- Tim Anderson (knee) out of White Sox's Sunday lineup September 30th, 2018
- Yolmer Sanchez leading off for White Sox in Sunday's finale September 30th, 2018
- Tim Anderson starting on Saturday for the White Sox September 29th, 2018
- Avisail Garcia back in the lineup on Saturday for the White Sox September 29th, 2018
- Jose Rondon not starting for the White Sox on Saturday September 29th, 2018