Daniel Ponce de Leon to take the mound for the Cardinals Friday
St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Daniel Ponce de Leon will start on Friday against the New York Mets.
Ponce de Leon gets the nod with Adam Wainright on the injured list with a hamstring injury. The 27-year-old made 4 starts in 2018 but just 1 in 2019.
Ponce de Leon went 5 innings, allowing just 2 hits and 1 run while walking 3 and striking out 7 in his only other start of the season.
- Cubs' Adbert Alzolay to make first start Monday June 24th, 2019
- Baltimore's John Means (shoulder) will throw on Monday June 23rd, 2019
- Milwaukee's Brandon Woodruff records his seventh quality start in Sunday's win over the Reds June 23rd, 2019
- Houston's Yordan Alvarez continues his power streak on Sunday June 23rd, 2019
- Boston's Brock Holt (hamstring) day-to-day after leaving Sunday's game against Toronto June 23rd, 2019
- Rays expect Yandy Diaz (hamstring) to return on Thursday June 23rd, 2019
- Cardinals' Jordan Hicks (triceps) undergoing MRI Monday June 24th, 2019
- Dexter Fowler on Cardinals' bench in finale with Angels June 23rd, 2019
- Harrison Bader starting for Cardinals Sunday night June 23rd, 2019
- Marcell Ozuna goes 3-for-4 with a homer Friday in Cardinals' win June 22nd, 2019
- Dexter Fowler starting on Saturday for St. Louis June 22nd, 2019
- Harrison Bader not in Cardinals' Saturday lineup June 22nd, 2019