Yankees hope James Paxton (knee) will return this week
New York Yankees manager Aaron Boone said Sunday that he hopes pitcher James Paxton (knee) will be able to rejoin the rotation this week for their series against the San Diego Padres.
The Yankees play the Padres Monday-Wednesday, so Paxton could potentially draw two starts this week after missing most of the month due to inflammation in his left knee.
Paxton put together a 3.11 ERA and 1.19 WHIP with 52 strikeouts and 13 walks across 37 2/3 innings before landing on the injured list.
- Phillies-Nationals game on Tuesday is postponed June 18th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer suffers a nose injury on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Dodgers' Kenta Maeda to get an extra day of rest before next start June 18th, 2019
- Blue Jays promote Billy McKinney to the active roster on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Austin Voth to be called up to start for Nationals Wednesday June 18th, 2019
- Yoan Moncada (back) expected to be back in White Sox lineup Wednesday June 18th, 2019
- Rays-Yankees will start in a rain delay on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Yankees' Luis Severino hopes to throw from mound next week June 18th, 2019
- Brett Gardner on Yankees' bench Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Giancarlo Stanton active for Yankees, starting versus Rays June 18th, 2019
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka tosses 2-hit shutout of Tampa Bay June 18th, 2019
- Yankees' Gio Urshela on bench Monday June 17th, 2019