Yankees' Miguel Andujar (shoulder) to have season-ending surgery
New York Yankees third baseman Miguel Andujar (shoulder) will undergo season-ending surgery on Monday.
Andujar has a torn labrum and has decided to not try and rehabilitate the injury and get surgery, a tough blow for New York. The young third baseman is expected to be ready for Spring Training in 2020.
Andujar's season ends with no homers and 1 RBI while batting .128 in 49 plate appearances.
- Arizona's David Peralta (shoulder) placed on the 10-Day Injured List May 24th, 2019
- Orioles' Dan Straily removed from the rotation May 24th, 2019
- Oakland Athletics place Khris Davis (hip) on the 10-Day Injured List May 24th, 2019
- Angels' Andrew Heaney (elbow) will start in Sunday's matchup against the Rangers May 24th, 2019
- Angels' Kole Calhoun sitting on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Shohei Ohtani returns to the Angels' lineup on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Friday's Yankees-Royals game postponed due to rain May 24th, 2019
- Yankees' Thairo Estrada receives a breather on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Yankees' Gleyber Torres in the fifth spot on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Yankees' Austin Romine sitting on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Yankees' Gary Sanchez batting cleanup on Friday May 24th, 2019
- CC Sabathia placed on Yankees' injured list with knee injury May 23rd, 2019