Arizona's Steven Souza suffers serious knee injury on Monday
Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Steven Souza suffered what appeared to be a serious knee injury on Monday night.
Souza scored on a Ketel Marte double but stumbled and fell to the ground clutching his knee. He was helped to his feet and required help to leave the field without putting any weight on his left leg. Expect more details to come out in the morning, but for now, it appears Souza could be facing a lengthy absence.
Before the injury, our models had Souza projected for 18 homers, 10 steals, 58 runs scored, and a .239 batting average in 527 plate appearances this season.
- Aaron Hicks not starting Thursday for the Yankees June 20th, 2019
- Phillies' Brad Miller out of Thursday's lineup June 20th, 2019
- Maikel Franco manning hot corner Thursday for Philadelphia June 20th, 2019
- Yankees' Gio Urshela sitting Thursday evening June 20th, 2019
- J.T. Realmuto starting for Phillies Thursday June 20th, 2019
- Andrew Knapp on Phillies' bench in Washington June 20th, 2019
- Jarrod Dyson out of Diamondbacks' lineup versus Colorado June 20th, 2019
- Carson Kelly sitting Thursday for Arizona June 20th, 2019
- Caleb Joseph catching for Diamondbacks in finale with Rockies June 20th, 2019
- Christian Walker on Diamondbacks' bench Thursday June 20th, 2019
- Ildemaro Vargas on second Thursday for Diamondbacks June 20th, 2019
- Kevin Cron starting for Diamondbacks Thursday afternoon June 20th, 2019