Jose Ramirez (knee) could play for Indians Opening Day
Cleveland Indians third baseman Jose Ramirez (left knee contusion) fielded grounders at the club's spring training complex Monday.
Indians skipper Terry Francona said Ramirez is progressing, and while the third baseman's availability for Opening Day remains in the air, being on the field Monday is an encouraging sign. Barring a setback, Ramirez will likely be out there for Thursday's matchup with the Minnesota Twins. He's officially considered day-to-day.
numberFire's models currently expect Ramirez to bat .291 with 32 home runs, 94 RBI, 104 runs scored, and 24 steals across 664 plate appearances this season.
- The start of the Giants-Pirates game on Friday delayed due to rain April 19th, 2019
- Tyler Chatwood to start for the Cubs on Sunday April 19th, 2019
- Logan Morrison signed to a minor league contract by Yankees April 19th, 2019
- Ian Kinsler starting on Friday for San Diego April 19th, 2019
- Brad Peacock to re-enter Astros' rotation on Monday April 19th, 2019
- Wil Myers starting on Friday for San Diego April 19th, 2019
- Friday's Braves-Indians game postponed April 19th, 2019
- Francisco Lindor (ankle, calf) could be active Friday for Indians April 17th, 2019
- Roberto Perez behind plate Wednesday for Cleveland April 17th, 2019
- Indians' Kevin Plawecki on bench in Wednesday's finale April 17th, 2019
- Hanley Ramirez on Cleveland's bench Wednesday April 17th, 2019
- Greg Allen starting for Indians versus Mariners April 17th, 2019