Julio Urias to open season in Dodgers' rotation
Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Julio Urias will start the season in the rotation, president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said Friday.
Urias will likely only last in the rotation until Rich Hill (knee) returns, which is expected to be by mid-April. The 22-year-old southpaw has only appeared in 27 1/3 innings over the past two seasons, so the Dodgers are going to manage his workload, but he should see starting opportunities throughout the year.
Urias owns a career 3.71 ERA and 1.10 WHIP with 102 strikeouts and 45 walks over 104 1/3 innings (26 games, 20 starts).
- Tyler Chatwood to start for the Cubs on Sunday April 19th, 2019
- Logan Morrison signed to a minor league contract by Yankees April 19th, 2019
- Ian Kinsler starting on Friday for San Diego April 19th, 2019
- Brad Peacock to re-enter Astros' rotation on Monday April 19th, 2019
- Wil Myers starting on Friday for San Diego April 19th, 2019
- Luis Urias not in Padres' Friday lineup April 19th, 2019
- Enrique Hernandez out of the Dodgers' Friday lineup April 19th, 2019
- Alex Verdugo starting in right field for the Dodgers on Friday April 19th, 2019
- Alex Verdugo out of Dodgers' Thursday lineup April 18th, 2019
- Cody Bellinger in cleanup spot Thursday for Dodgers April 18th, 2019
- Chris Taylor on Dodgers' bench Thursday night April 18th, 2019
- Justin Turner (ankle, hamstring) starting for Dodgers versus Brewers April 18th, 2019