Julio Urias to open season in Dodgers' rotation
Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Julio Urias will start the season in the rotation, president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said Friday.
Urias will likely only last in the rotation until Rich Hill (knee) returns, which is expected to be by mid-April. The 22-year-old southpaw has only appeared in 27 1/3 innings over the past two seasons, so the Dodgers are going to manage his workload, but he should see starting opportunities throughout the year.
Urias owns a career 3.71 ERA and 1.10 WHIP with 102 strikeouts and 45 walks over 104 1/3 innings (26 games, 20 starts).
- Maikel Franco manning hot corner Thursday for Philadelphia June 20th, 2019
- J.T. Realmuto starting for Phillies Thursday June 20th, 2019
- Andrew Knapp on Phillies' bench in Washington June 20th, 2019
- Bryce Harper leading off for Phillies in finale with Nationals June 20th, 2019
- Jean Segura in Phillies' five-hole Thursday June 20th, 2019
- Marlins' Garrett Cooper batting third Thursday June 20th, 2019
- Cody Bellinger belts his 24th homer of the year Wednesday in Dodgers' win June 20th, 2019
- Chris Taylor homers twice in Dodgers rout Wednesday June 20th, 2019
- Rich Hill (forearm) going on Dodgers' injured list June 20th, 2019
- Dodgers' Julio Urias will open on Thursday, Walker Buehler to start on Friday against Colorado June 19th, 2019
- Russell Martin catching for the Dodgers on Wednesday June 19th, 2019
- Austin Barnes heading to the Dodgers' bench on Wednesday June 19th, 2019