Brewers' Jimmy Nelson bothered by sore elbow
Milwaukee Brewers starting pitcher Jimmy Nelson felt soreness in his right elbow after pitching in a minor league game Thursday.
The Brewers don't think additional testing is necessary and expect Nelson to be ready for the start of the minor league regular season. The 29-year-old right-hander is also coming back from a shoulder injury and had a forearm ailment this spring, so there are some durability concerns. As of now, Nelson is expected to join Milwaukee's rotation in April.
numberFire's models expect Nelson to spin a 4.08 ERA and 1.35 WHIP with 127 strikeouts and 45 walks across 132 1/3 innings this season.
- Bryce Harper leading off for Phillies in finale with Nationals June 20th, 2019
- Jean Segura in Phillies' five-hole Thursday June 20th, 2019
- Marlins' Garrett Cooper batting third Thursday June 20th, 2019
- Jorge Alfaro catching for Miami Thursday June 20th, 2019
- Marlins' Cesar Puello starting Thursday June 20th, 2019
- Jorge Bonifacio on Royals' bench Thursday June 20th, 2019
- Travis Shaw starting for Milwaukee in San Diego June 19th, 2019
- Jesus Aguilar on Brewers' bench Wednesday afternoon June 19th, 2019
- Manny Pina catching for Brewers in Wednesday's finale June 19th, 2019
- Mike Moustakas (hand) out of Brewers' lineup Wednesday June 19th, 2019
- Travis Shaw sitting Monday for Milwaukee June 17th, 2019
- Eric Thames on Brewers' bench Monday June 17th, 2019